Payments & Security
QA Computing Ltd
How do I pay and is my payment secure?
Secure Online Card Payments
Our Online Store accepts all forms of credit & debit cards including Visa, Mastercard and Maestro.
Our customers' data security is of paramount importance and we have taken considerable time in developing systems and selecting partners to ensure that you the customer are secure when purchasing items online. This is why we have selected SagePay as our trusted secure payment partner.
SagePay a division of Sage (UK) Limited, are one of the largest independent payment service providers in the UK. They meet the highest security standards to secure sensitive data. At no point do QA Computing ever see your credit card or security details, and you can be reassured that your details are safe and encrypted by SagePay as they provide secure online credit and debit card payment solutions for thousands of online and mail order businesses across the UK.
Once you have completed your contact, address and delivery details in our secure area, you will then be transferred to SagePay's secure server to enter your credit/debit card details. Your banks will then go through their own security questions to ensure that your details are not being used fraudulently (verified by VISA / MASTERCARD). Once your payment has been made, you will be transferred back to us and we will send you an order confirmation email.
At the point that we start to capture personal details on our website, you will be taken to a secure area which ensures that the information you enter is encrypted and secure.
This secure area then continues as you pass between our payment providers to ensure that at all times the information you enter continues to be encrypted and secure.
We and our payment providers use 128-bit SSL certificates and any information passed between us uses MD5 hashing to prevent tampering and ensures that the data sent is the same as that received.
We take our responsibilities and obligations to data protection equally as seriously as we do security, as we handle personal information about individuals, we have a number of legal obligations to ensure that we protect that information under the Data Protection Act 1998.
As such, we are registered and have notified a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office.
The 8 principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 ensure that;
- Any Personal data we process is done fairly and lawfully
- Any Personal data we obtain will be for one or more specified and lawful purpose, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes
- The Personal data we process will be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which we are processing it
- The Personal data we obtain will be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- The Personal data we process for any purpose or purposes will not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes
- The Personal data we process will be done so in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this Act
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures will be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data, and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data
- Personal data will not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
For further information, please contact:
The Data Controller
QA Computing Ltd
21 Norton Close
QA Computing Ltd.
Registered in England No: 5697967
VAT No: 886 792058
Be Card Smart
Card Web Creations Ltd and QA Computing, supports 'Be Card Smart', a campaign to help you increase the security of your online payments. Find out more on becardsmart.org.uk